Welcome to the Lineage2.cz :: Forum.
    Registered Users

Crystal fragment event - Later at least

Hi, I am not a great fan of the crystal fragment event, since this IMO will give greater advantage to top groups (they farm much more and much more effectively), but if you wish to keep it, I suggest to link its start with the start of SOD and Cohemenes so there is no way to get attri crystals before earlier than that.

GE19 VIP
    I agree, that event should be connected with SOD release.

Registered Users
    I would rather there would be no such event at all. I know this is intended to help casual players to have the crystals available as well, but all it will do is to make bigger difference between top groups and casuals, since they farm waaaay more and waaay faster. We saw such result on Grace as well.

I understand where you are coming from, however I think you are slightly overreacting because you are unaware of how the event works. It doesn't really matter if you farm way more than someone else. It doesn't work that way, that each mob you kill has some chance to drop the fragments. There is a set amount of crystal fragments that can drop in a set time-frame for the entire server. e.g: 5 fragments per minute for the entire server. That means it is pure luck when you are trying to drop it from normal mobs.
    Bosses are another story, they drop the fragments always, however to be really able to exchange the fragments for crystals, some time will have to pass so that enough fragments accumulate in the server that you are even able to exchange them.
    It was designed so, that from some point there will be a slow, but steady growth of available crystals in the game, but this can take weeks from the event launch.

Nevertheless if you feel the same way after this explanation we can consider your suggestion to connect it with HB level.

Registered Users
    Thank you for your explanation, I was not aware it works like this, since on Beta it appeared to drop a lot (that was caused by low rate of killed mobs on Beta), therefore I leave it up to you, but I still believe this event should start at the same time when the retail way to farm crystals becomes available (i.e. SOD will become available). So the effort of leveling the HB and thus opening the SOD is not invalidated by the possibility to farm crystals previously. But if the drop rate of the fragments is so low, that the possibility to create any meaningful number of crystals before the opening of SOD is nonexistant, than by all means start the event in 3 weeks from the start of server. But you should carefully analyse and calculate the droprate and the timeframe.
    Last edited by Ridiel; 24-08-2020 at 13:44.