PDA

View Full Version : Denied Donations - swap subclass to main char

C4jk
27-09-2018, 14:44
As title says, I suggest that there should be a possibility to swap your subclass to main char, i.e. you are HE main and SWS subclass -> swap to SWS main and HE subclass.

It is a nice way to make additional buck for server and cool way to experience new possibilities for players.

note: swap would be only possible for chars that are:
- not hero
- not noblesse or with 0 olympiad matches
- 75+ on subclass

MrCrow
27-09-2018, 15:16
I'm against. At this rate XP on this server you can make another "oly char" quite fast and about the money, you can donate sub/nobl items so server make money anyway :)
Or you have to choose wisely your main char :D

dutsi
27-09-2018, 15:22
Rush mages for fast exp and 9 ppl become SWS, nice tactic. Im against that, because thats not the game.

JaMiskater
27-09-2018, 16:01
I'm not sure but I think this actually was a donatable service last year. Don't know if anyone used it though.

C4jk
27-09-2018, 16:12
Rush mages for fast exp and 9 ppl become SWS, nice tactic. Im against that, because thats not the game.

Nobody would ever do that for first heroes, trust me on this one. Also, feel free to enable it together with donateable sub/noblesse (since 22.10. I believe)

TvojTatko
27-09-2018, 17:05

Teclis
27-09-2018, 18:31
I'm not sure but I think this actually was a donatable service last year. Don't know if anyone used it though.
We were thinking about it in the last server but never got to actually implementing it. At this point I am not sure there is enough time to implement it and thoroughly test it, there is a lot of things that could go wrong since these are operations with database and the function would have to be added to web manager

JaMiskater
27-09-2018, 20:01
We were thinking about it in the last server but never got to actually implementing it. At this point I am not sure there is enough time to implement it and thoroughly test it, there is a lot of things that could go wrong since these are operations with database and the function would have to be added to web manager

Ah, yeah I was sure I was reading about it last year but wasn't sure if it was a functional service :) Btw I don't think there is a legit reason to implement this. It's 2018 and most people should already know which char do they want to play (like there is not that much of a choices on IL). + it's 16x and if they ever change their mind, using the adena and stuff from their first char they farmed would make it extremely easy to farm a new one. Also, would it mean making a dwarf become a spellsinger as a main class and a crafter on sub? That would be almost game breaking...

What I think could be great solution to this would be donatable change of nicknames (if it isn't already planned) - if someone decides to change their main char, let them swap nicknames for few DEC (500? 1000?). I guest that should be easy to do in the database and wouldn't hurt anyone or anything.

Teclis
28-09-2018, 07:46
Ah, yeah I was sure I was reading about it last year but wasn't sure if it was a functional service :) Btw I don't think there is a legit reason to implement this. It's 2018 and most people should already know which char do they want to play (like there is not that much of a choices on IL). + it's 16x and if they ever change their mind, using the adena and stuff from their first char they farmed would make it extremely easy to farm a new one. Also, would it mean making a dwarf become a spellsinger as a main class and a crafter on sub? That would be almost game breaking...

What I think could be great solution to this would be donatable change of nicknames (if it isn't already planned) - if someone decides to change their main char, let them swap nicknames for few DEC (500? 1000?). I guest that should be easy to do in the database and wouldn't hurt anyone or anything.

Change nickname service will be normally available once server is live as it was in the past.